GWO membership is available to globally leading manufacturers and owners of wind turbines. As legal duty holders, these companies have the greatest responsibility for workforce safety.
As per Article 3 of our membership and Code of Conduct:
“Companies with interests as employers and legal duty-holders within the wind energy industry may apply for membership as Leading or Associate Members of GWO. The Association may have an unlimited number of members and shall never have fewer than three members.
3.2 Eligible as Leading Members are globally leading wind companies representing at least 1,000 employees in wind energy or at least 1,000MW installed wind power capacity. Additional membership criteria may be adopted by simple majority decision of the GWO General Assembly at the GWO Annual General Meeting, in respect of the Articles of Association.
3.3 Applicants for membership must have displayed what the General Assembly deems to be good, honest business and safety practices as reflected in the GWO Code of Conduct and may be requested to provide supporting documentation. Applications are subject to review and approval by the Executive Committee.
3.4 Leading Members shall annually inform the secretariat of own progress and focus areas towards fulfilling the commitment in article 2.4. The information shall be used by the GWO Articles of Association as adopted 5 February 2019 2 of 9 secretariat to inform the work of the association in better serving the needs of the members. Any information provided shall be used only anonymized and in aggregate form.
3.5 The Association may offer one or more categories of Associate Membership to legal entities working within the wind industry, including companies who are eligible as Leading Members. Eligibility, rights and duties of such categories of Associate Membership are to be determined by simple majority of the General Assembly.
3.6 Membership fees may be applicable, and these are determined by a simple majority of the General Assembly. Membership and other fees paid by members are non-refundable.
Benefits of membership:
- Join the industry’s only international association focused on safety and training
- Create and influence the adoption of safety standards worldwide
- Foster unique professional relationships
GWO members' commitment
In order to become a member of GWO, an organisation must sign in accordance with the GWO Articles of Association and commit to support The Main Objective: To strive for a safe and injury free work environment in the wind industry.
- Member Companies commit to supporting Global Wind Organisation and to help achieve The Main Objective
- Member companies support GWO's core values of collaboration to achieve The Main Objective. The Member Company will collaborate with other GWO members and stakeholders for example by committing resources such as subject matter experts to participate in the development of training standards.
- Member companies commit to using and recognizing GWO training standards whenever appropriate for work functions pertaining to the wind energy industry.
In addition, GWO also has the option of becoming a GWO certified training provider,
In order to become a GWO certified Training Provider, you must be audited against the Requirements for Training Providers by a Certification Body that complies with the Requirements for Certification Body. GWO does not certify Training Providers – only third-party certification bodies do.
You can find all information on the certification process and all Standards and Criteria on our website: http://www.globalwindsafety.org/