Digital Training Requirements
Are the digital training requirements temporary?
- No digital training is here to stay, it is a persistant requirement.
What does “other technologies” mean?
- Any technologies that support learning. Furthermore, the requirements are worded so they can maintain their relevance in a fast-paced environment.
Can a training standard be fully delivered digitally?
- If the digital requirements are adhered to, the learning objectives fully met including all practical exercises in a safe manner, and the training provider is approved to do so by an auditor for that specific module –yes.
How long can a blended training run for?
- All elements of a blended training must be completed within 28 days.
Do you see GWO releasing training standards designed for digital delivery?
- The BSTR-P is a digital training standard, there are currently no more planned.
When will the digital requirements be reviewed?
- Running review up until the May release, after that we will revisit them in October.
This is a new area, will there be special support for TPs?
- We are always open and will set up additional webinars if needed.
BSTR-P Online Partial
Is BSTR-P Permanent?
- For now it is an interim measure and will be reviewed later this year.
How will the remaining skills elements be addressed?
- This is currently being investigated.
Can elements of the training be delivered via other digital methods?
- Yes, though aimed at virtual classrooms, elements of BSTR-P can be delivered using other digital methods.
Is it possible to combine the delivery of module elements?
- Yes, if you cover all the elements of each module.
How do we get certified?
- As an existing training provider you can be certified for this module via an online audit.
Why do the participants need some equipment?
- To cover important safety skills.
Will the taxonomy section be updated in other training standards?
- Yes, during the normal review cycles.
BSTR-P Before Completion of Audit
- The training provider must already be certified to deliver the same module(s)
- The training provider must comply with the requirements in the section for digital learning
- Prior to offer training in the BSTR-P, the training provider must have an audit scheduled
- If there are non-conformances identified during the audit in the domains of skills and/or knowledge, the training provider must implement corrective measures without further expenses to the course participants
- Upload of records for the BSTR-P training delivered prior to audit, shall follow the rules in section 7.2.10 of the Requirements for Training Providers version 9