In order to become a GWO approved certification body, the certification body must meet the requirements outlined in the Requirements for the Certification Body section 6 here,
As of April 1, 2019, it is a mandatory requirement for the certification body to document conformity with the requirements in this document for the certification body itself, and the audit team members specifically, prior to performing an audit. Pending this, the certification body will be listed on the GWO website as an approved certification body.
- The certification body must be accredited by a signatory of the IAF MLA.
- The certification body must be accredited to ISO/IEC 17021: Conformity Assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems and/or accredited to ISO/IEC 17065: Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services. The certification may be considered either a Management System Certification or a Service Certification and must be carried out against the GWO Requirements for Training Providers and the GWO Training Standards.
- Prior to performing an audit, the certification body must document conformity with the requirements in this document for the certification body itself, and the audit team members specifically. Upon approval, the certification body will be listed on the GWO website as a GWO approved certification body.
Criteria for audit team members certifying a Training Provider:
- The qualifications of team members shall follow the general rules for accreditation regarding auditor qualifications and relevant sector codes.
- A fully qualified and active ISO 9001/45001 lead auditor under ISO/IEC 17021 and/or ISO/IEC 17065 must cover the audit of the Quality Management System of a training provider.
- A fully qualified and active ISO 45001 lead auditor or similar must cover the audit of a training session.
- Auditors who wish to perform GWO audits must have successfully completed the GWO Auditor Qualification Training.
- The Auditor Qualification Training is valid for 3 years before needing to be refreshed and under the condition that the auditor remains active by performing at least 2 audits under the GWO scheme every year.
- If the auditor does not conduct at least 2 audits within a 12-month interval, the auditor must complete the Auditor Qualification Training again.
- Certificates provided to GWO from auditors that have not documented conformance and passed the Auditor Qualification Training will not be accepted.
- The certification body shall keep records of the audit team, and of the audit they have participated in, for at least the validity period of the certification plus three months.
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the procedure.